PH2402 Conexant Systems, Inc., PH2402 Datasheet
Manufacturer Part Number
Bluetooth RF Transceiver
Conexant Systems, Inc.
Philsar Semiconductor Inc.
146 Colonade Road S.,
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
• Fully integrated single-chip
• Class 2 and 3 (1 to 10 meter range)
• Low Voltage Supply 1.8V.
• 14mA Transmit and Receive
• RF sensitivity to -84 dBm.
• +2 dBm RF output power
• Crystal Independent Fractional-N
• Digital Crystal Frequency Error
• Programmable Tx Power Control.
• Requires no external shielding.
• Bluetooth Enabled Cellular
transceiver with on-chip VCO,
synthesizer, PA, LNA, Image
Reject Downconverter, IF filters,
RSSI and bit slicer for ISM
2.4GHz RF Transceiver.
compliant with Bluetooth
The PH2402 Single Chip Radio Transceiver is an integrated radio transceiver
optimized for use in a 2.4 GHz wireless system. Using SiGe, the design has
been optimized for ultra-low power applications such as Personal Wireless
Connectivity. These applications require maximum battery life, small form
factor and low system cost.
The PH2402 radio is designed to meet Bluetooth Class 2 and Class 3 operation,
providing ranges from 1 to 10 meters, and is fully compliant with Bluetooth
Fast frequency hopping (1600 hop/s) with 79 channels available (2.402 to 2.480
GHz) and a maximum Tx & Rx bit rate of 1Mbit/s exploits the maximum
channel bandwidth allowed in the ISM band.
The implemented modulation techniques is Guassian Frequency Shift Keying,
GFSK, with a modulation index of 0.3. The channel bandwidth is 1MHz and the
frequency deviation is between 140 and 175 kHz.
The PH2402 has been designed using state-of-art circuit implementation.
• a Delta-Sigma synthesizer incorporating two point angle modulation, stabilized
• a transmitter power amplifier featuring programmable output levels from -10 to
• a receiver architecture based on cascaded complex AGC/Filtering stages and a
• a fast dynamic-threshold MFSK bit slicer.
• Support for multiple crystal reference frequencies (19.2, 19.68, 19.8 MHz)
• Provides a clock output, usable by a Bluetooth Baseband Controller.
• Serial Bus Interface (SBI) along with an additional single control line
The PH2402 is fabricated in a SiGe BiCMOS ASIC process, and is mounted in
a BCC++ 48 pin package.
over the operating temperature range with calibration means for two-point angle
complex PLL demodulator.
constitutes the main interface to control and program the PH2402.
Preliminary Data Sheet Available Under Non Disclosure Agreement
- 1 -
PH2402 Bluetooth RF Transceiver
Low Power Bluetooth Transceiver
Preliminary Product Sheet V1.0